Come prepared to have fun!
The Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park is a beautiful place to hike, bike, and enjoy nature! But it’s important to remember that it’s also a wild space full of wild animals. To stay safe, follow these simple guidelines.
Safety in the park:
- Stay on the trails.
- Keep children close.
- Lock valuables in your trunk- do not leave them in plain view on your seats.
- Use the park during its scheduled hours of 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
Wild animal safety:
- Do not pick up snakes.
- Do not put your hands down holes or between rock crevices.
- Do not feed or touch the animals.
- Keep your feet where you can see them (do not stick them under bushes).
- Do not lay down in the park.
Hiking and walking tips:
- Wear proper footwear.
- Wear sunscreen and protective clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Consider the weather report and do not hike during peak heat hours.
Pet safety and the law:
- Use a leash when walking pets.
- Remember to bring clean-up bags for your animals (they are not provided by the park as it is the citizen’s responsibility).
- Rattlesnakes and large mammals call the park home. Please keep an eye on your pets to ensure their safety.
- The park is a nature preserve- please do not allow your pets to kill or chase the wild life.
- Collection of any kind of specimen (plant, animal, or even fur, feathers, or bone) is illegal without authorization and special permit. Do not remove anything from the park.