California is a beautiful place to live and the employees of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife want to ensure that it stays that way for all citizens, visitors, and future generations to enjoy.
The CalTIP (Californians Turn in Poachers and Polluters) program is a confidential program that allows witnesses of crimes having to do with our natural spaces to report without having to give a name. Initially introduced in 1981, the program began with a toll free 24 hour hotline (provided at the bottom of this post). Eventually, texting followed and witnesses could text in tips. Today, witnesses can download the free CalTIP app available in both the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store to report an incident.
To report violations within the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park you can contact The City of Riverside’s Department of Parks and Recreation.
To call in a tip to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife: 1-888-334-CALTIP (1-888-334-2258)
To text in a tip to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife: Text “CALTIP” followed by a space and the message to 847411 (tip411).
Please be prepared to provide the following information
- The fullest possible account of the incident
- Name, address, age, and description of the suspect (or as much information as possible)
- Vehicle description, direction of travel, and license plate number (if known)
- The type of violation and when and where it occurred.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME
For more information, visit the CalTIP page.